Member of the European Parliament for the West Midlands
Anthea first took her seat in the European Parliament in December 2011 and was re-elected in 2014. Appointed as the Conservative employment spokesman in January 2012, she currently also serves on the Agriculture Committee and the Civil Liberties, Justice & Home Affairs Committee in the European Parliament.
Anthea is a successful business woman and a lifelong Conservative
Anthea lives with her husband, Frank Myers, in Herefordshire where she is also a partner in the family’s agricultural small-holding. She is active in her local community and is a former County Secretary of the Federation of Small Businesses.
- General Election Candidate 2001 in Shrewsbury and Atcham – increased Conservative vote by 3.54%.
- As Regional Chairman, led the successful 1999 European Campaign that saw the Conservatives win four seats in the West Midlands.
- General Election Candidate 1997 in Redditch - built up the organisation in the new parliamentary constituency.
- Chairman, West Midlands Area CPC 1994-97.
- Chairman, Hereford Conservative Association 1983-85.
- Member, Hereford and Worcester County Council 1977-85. Won the seat from Labour and was youngest County Councillor in England. Served on Education and Strategic Planning Committees and chaired Youth and Careers Committee.
- Vice-Chairman, Conservative Women's Area Committee 1982-85.
- General Election Candidate 1983 in Warley West - halved Labour majority.
- Deputy Chairman, National Young Conservatives 1979-81. Author of YC Campaign Guide.